|Author||Scott H. An|
|Size/Pages||128mm, H 188mm, Thickness 18mm, 320 pages|
|Category||Success Study, Psychology|
|Keywords||#Extroversion, #Extroverted, #INTJ, #INTP, #Introverstion, #Introvert, #Introverted, #MBTI, #Monday, #Personality, #PersonalRelationship|
Recommended by world-wide bestselling authors of The Science of Introverts, Personality: What Makes You the Way You Are, Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life is Your Hidden Strength, and The Introvert’s Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World!
Discover the misunderstanding and truth about introversion. Learn how to use your introverted personality to be successful!
Great pressure from extroversion made people afraid to be excluded and resulted in side effects such as burn out. The advancement of IT that lead to extroversion has now ironically done a complete U-turn and brought about the age of introversion. It has become socially acceptable to eat alone or go to the movies alone. The right to be disconnected and cut off from society is now even welcomed. It is now the time to bring out your suppressed introverted personality to find happiness in life.
This book goes in depth about introversion. It talks about what introversion really is and how introverts can accept introversion as it is. Finally, it tells you how to be successful as an introvert in the world that believes that the only right way to live is as an extrovert.
The stance of “no, I do not need to be an extrovert,” sets the tone right in this world where extroversion is regarded so highly. Just say no to extroversion and use your strengths as an introvert to learn the social skills you need. Introversion can be the wind beneath your wings for success.
Scott majored in Labor and Employment Relations at Pennsylvania State University. After graduation, he worked at various companies including construction firms and consulting firms. He is always thinking about creating text that leads to deep thoughts, emotions, and questions. He enjoys yoga, meditation and operates a community that shares good influential texts. He has participated in TEDx seminar planning and bamboo toothbrush development project. He works as a career consultant and runs a class on writing to firm up the mind.
Sometimes it feels like extroverts have all the good things in life. This makes introverts feel excluded and at a disadvantage. However, introverts have their own way of success in life. This is a great guidebook for introverts who want to understand their introverted personality.
- Daniel Nettle, author of Personality: What Makes You the Way You Are
In-depth analysis of introversion. The book talks about what introversion really is and how introverts can accept introversion as it is. Finally, it tells you how to be successful as an introvert in the world that believes that the only right way to live is as an extrovert.
- Sophia Dembling, author of The Introvert's Way: Living a Quiet Life in a Noisy World
This book covers the topic of introversion in a holistic way from various angles. Examples from the author’s personal experiences make it easy to understand.
- Peter Hollins, author of The Science of Introverts
Must read book for all introverts! I was fascinated by the concept of “firm mind” and started living life that way. Based on many researches, the book is practical and very inspirational.
- Laurie Helgoe, author of Introvert Power: Why Your Inner Life is Your Hidden Strength
Chapter 1. I Need rights to be Introverted
1. Society’s Focus on Extroversion
2. Ill-Effects brought about by the Society Demanding Extroversion
3. An Era where Even Extroverts Want to Be Introverts
+ Introvert? Introverted?
Chapter 2. For Those Who Wonder What Introversion Really Is
1. Introversion and Extroversion Defined by Jung
2. Characteristic Models of Introversion
3. Acetylcholine, that Makes an Introvert Happy
4. Reasonable Introvert, Sensible Extrovert
5. Easily Irritated Introvert
+ How introverted am I?
Chapter 3. It's Just Different, Not Wrong
1. True and False Beliefs Around Introversion
2. Merits of Being an Introvert
3. Extroversion and Being Outgoing Are Different
Chapter 4. Merits of Being an Introvert
1. High Level of Independence coming from Self-focus
2. Preparedness Coming from Analytical Thinking
3. Observant Trait Coming from Being Sensitive
4. Endurance that Comes from Delayed Gratification
5. Thoughtfulness Led by Internal Vulnerability
Chapter 5. Effective Skills to Become a Charming Person - Interpersonal Skills
1. The Skill of Conveying Your Thoughts
2. The Skill of Saying No
3. The Skill of Small Talk
4. The Skill of Coping with Rudeness
5. The Skill of Comforting
6. What Introverts should keep in mind when it comes to Personal Relations
Chapter 6. Let's Speak Our Mind Out Even Though We Are Introverts! - Interpersonal Skills at Workplace
1. The Skill of Self-Promotion
2. The Skill of Being a Good Presenter
3. How to maintain attractive posture and attitude
4. How to recover from daily frustrations
5. What Introverts should keep in mind when it comes to Social/Work Life
Chapter 7. The Power of Awakening the Potential within You
1. Get Your Mind that Oscillates between the Past and Future Back to the Present
2. Identify Your Internal Desire
3. Awaken Your Dormant Sensation
4. Distinguish Triggers and Impacts of the Trigger
5. Tell Yourself Apart from Intact You and Irritated You
+ TED Talks Recommended to Introverts